|Meatballs for Soup by Helga's Lobster Stew, on Flickr|
Unlike the other stage 1 recipes, I expect this one may have to be shared with my non-GAPs hubby.
This one is a bit lower-carb than I'd like, but hits the calorie mark well.
- two 16 oz packages frozen cauliflower
- quart beef broth, divided
- large onion
- 2 lbs 70% pastured ground beef
- Place cauliflower in a Dutch oven with 1 pint of beef broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until very soft.
- Buzz with stick blender until smooth.
- Meanwhile, run a large onion through food processor to yield very finely minced pieces.
- Place onion and 2 lbs 70% ground beef in bowl. Add unrefined sea salt to taste. Shape into 1-2 inch balls.
- Add an additional pint of beef broth to pot and bring back to a simmer.
- Once simmering, drop balls into soup and cook until done, about 10 minutes.
To each serving, add a pressed clove of garlic, 1 TB whey and 1 tsp sauerkraut juice.