Slow-Cooker Pot Roast: 3lb Beef Chuck
Roast by I Believe I Can Fry, on Flickr
Stage 1 is pretty much broth, boiled meat and boiled vegetables.
While I don't know how long I'll need to be on stage 1, my meal plans are done a week at a time, as I need the assistance of my HHA to shop and cook. So I'm committed to at least a week.
So I have several large recipes planned for stage 1 and this 6-serving pot roast is the first.
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 2 cups cubed squash
- 2 cups English peas
- Place 1 TB water in bottom of crockpot. Add roast and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Let cool enough to handle, then shred the meat.
- Meanwhile, in Dutch oven, bring broth to boil and add the carrots, leeks & squash. Lower heat to simmer and cook until tender.
- Buzz the vegetables with a stick blender until smooth (or blend in batches in blender).
- Add the shredded meat and the liquid from crockpot, then add the peas and continue simmering until peas are done.
For each serving, add 1 TB whey, 1 tsp sauerkraut juice and 1 pressed clove garlic.
I shared this recipes at Hookin' up with HoH, Rural Thursday, Frugal Friday, I Love Fridays, Frugalicious Friday, DIY Linky, Saturday Nite Special, Snacktime Saturday, Sunday Showcase, Craftastic Monday, , Homestead Barn Hop, More the Merrier, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Frugal Tuesday, The Gathering Spot, Take a Look, Tiny Tip, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasteful Tuesdays