|Butternut Squash Soup! by prideandvegudice, on Flickr|
Technically, this is a stage 1 food, but I decided this soup, along with a couple soft-boiled eggs, would be my breakfast for stage 2.
- 8 cups cubed winter squash or pumpkin
- 2 TB grated ginger root
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Place squash, ginger, garlic and stock in Dutch oven.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until squash is very soft.
- Buzz with immersion blender (or put through blender in batches) until completely smooth.
- Serve with a tablespoon of whey or yogurt stirred in.
And just in case someone needs it, you make soft boiled eggs by bringing a small saucepan of water to a boil. Drop in 2-4 eggs and set a timer for 5 minutes. When the timer goes off, move saucepan to the sink and run cold water over it. Peel carefully.
This recipe was shared at Frugal Food, Home & Garden, Thankful Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Finer Things, Frugal Friday, Gluten Free Friday, LHITS DIY linky, Snacktime Saturday, Scrumptious Sunday, Sunday Showcase, Craftastic Monday, Homestead Barn Hop, Inspire Me Monday, Meatless Mondays, Anti-procrastination Tuesday, Frugal Tuesday Tip, The Gathering Spot, Tuesdays at the Table, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Penny Pinching, Works for me Wednesday and Wow me Wednesday.